New Positions Posted on: 07/06/2021
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; call 703-533-1858 if you want to confirm submission of your resume.
JOB TITLE: Health Educator/Patient Navigator/RISE Facilitator
$ 38,000 to $ 42,000 annually
Provides HIV rapid testing, counseling, and referrals. HIV, STD and general health related education in one-on-one and group sessions, conducting specific outreach to targeted population as dictated by programmatic needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Status-Neutral Approach services, which includes but not limited to for all persons with high risk behavior for HIV regardless of status.
- Provide intensive community outreach services
- Conducts educational sessions with targeted populations, providing HIV, STD and general health related information using age appropriate, culturally sensitive, agency approved materials/models and approaches.
- Conduct HIV testing for clients in testing settings, providing HIV prevention and counseling.
- Provide active referral to primary HIV care, mental health care, and other supportive services.
- Serve as facilitator to the RISE program
- Support Social Network Strategy
- Provide PrEP education, referrals, and follow-up
- Provide Comprehensive Harm Reduction (CHR)
- Document all work activities according to established standards, collecting data for production in weekly, monthly and annual reports and assists with the creation of those reports as necessary.
- Contribute to condom distribution program
- Performs outreach to community agencies and social groups, promoting collaboration, referrals to NovaSalud programs.
- Enter Program services data daily into RedCap, CareWare and other data systems.
- Complete monthly Hep C, Syphilis and Gonorrhea report.
- Adhere to all NovaSalud policies including but not limited to confidentiality, and code of conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This may include, but not limited to special projects, non-Prevention related client services, as well as other NovaSalud programs and tasks such as preparing condom packs.
- Certified HIV Testing and Counseling
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use databases and data software platforms.
- Driver’s license, own car, and auto insurance
- Demonstrated experience with issues related to HIV prevention and care.
- Familiarity with issues that put people at risk for poorer health (i.e., homelessness, incarceration, domestic violence, and/or substance abuse) preferred
- Passion about working to improve the health and quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities and those infected with HIV/AIDS.
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Highly developed organizational skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to conduct sensitive, empathetic interviews and conversations that respect the dignity and the diversity backgrounds of clients.
- Ability to maintain client records and information in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner.
- Energy, diplomacy, sound practical judgment, and ability to work independently and be self-sufficient.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and possessing interpersonal skills to work effectively in partnership with program staff and others in the agency.
- Resourcefulness will be required to assist clients, as well as good judgement and decision-making.