JOB TITLE: Health Educator (MSM)/Patient Navigator/RISE Facilitator
Provides HIV rapid testing, counseling, and referrals for the MSM community. HIV, STD and general health related education in one-on-one and group sessions, conducting specific outreach to targeted population as dictated by programmatic needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide Status-Neutral Approach services, which includes but not limited to for all persons with high risk behavior for HIV regardless of status.
2. Provide intensive community outreach services
3. Conducts educational sessions with targeted populations, providing HIV, STD and general health related information using age appropriate, culturally sensitive, agency approved materials/models and approaches.
4. Conduct HIV testing for clients in testing settings, providing HIV prevention and counseling.
5. Provide active referral to primary HIV care, mental health care, and other supportive services.
6. Serve as peer facilitator to the RISE program, an evidence-based MSM program
7. Support Social Network Strategy
8. Provide PrEP education, referrals, and follow-up
9. Provide Comprehensive Harm Reduction (CHR)
10. Document all work activities according to established standards, collecting data for production in weekly, monthly and annual reports and assists with the creation of those reports as necessary.
11. Contribute to condom distribution program
12. Performs outreach to community agencies and social groups, promoting collaboration, referrals to NovaSalud programs.
13. Enter Program services data daily into RedCap, CareWare and other data systems.
14. Complete monthly Hep C, Syphilis and Gonorrhea report.
15. Adhere to all NovaSalud policies including but not limited to confidentiality, and code of conduct.
16. Perform other duties as assigned. This may include, but not limited to special projects, non-Prevention related client services, as well as other NovaSalud programs and tasks such as preparing condom packs.
Certified HIV Testing and Counseling (will train)
Bi-lingual Spanish/English Required
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use databases and data software platforms.
Driver’s license, own car, and auto insurance
Demonstrated experience with issues related to HIV prevention and care.
Familiarity with issues that put people at risk for poorer health (i.e., homelessness, incarceration, domestic violence, and/or substance abuse) preferred
Passion about working to improve the health and quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities and those infected with HIV/AIDS.
Strong communication skills are essential
Highly developed organizational skills are required
Demonstrated ability to conduct sensitive, empathetic interviews and conversations that respect the dignity and the diversity backgrounds of clients.
Ability to maintain client records and information in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner.
MSM REQUIRED to serve as RISE program peer facilitator
Energy, diplomacy, sound practical judgment, and ability to work independently and be self-sufficient.
Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and possessing interpersonal skills to work effectively in partnership with program staff and others in the agency.
Resourcefulness will be required to assist clients, as well as good judgement and decision-making.
Send your Resume
2946 Sleepy Hollow Rd. Suite 3C
Falls Church, VA 22044